Tameside Emergency Department
- Client: Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Role: Project Management
- Value: £20m
- Sector: Healthcare
The redesign of the existing A&E at Tameside District General Hospital is required to increase the capacity of the existing department and to provide a clinically efficient department with improved adjacencies and flows. The scheme comprises of refurbishment and extension of the ED department as well as associated relocations and improvements to the neighbouring Diagnostic Imaging and Mammography departments.
The works are to be carried over multiple phases while the departments remain live. Regular engagement with staff and flexibility around the phasing plans is required to ensure the hospital services can be maintained with minimal disruption.
- Integrated Project Manager working alongside the Trust Estates Team to facilitate works on site.
- Drive Value through robust change management processes and early engagement with stakeholders to clarify scheme requirements.
- Maximising opportunities through programme and designs reviews to drive the best options for the Trust whilst maintaining service delivery.
- Engagement with the Trust key stakeholders to facilitate successful handover.