Stepping Hill Endoscopy Unit
- Client: Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Role: Project Management / JCT Employer’s Agent
- Value: £2.7m
- Sector: Healthcare
The redevelopment of the existing Endoscopy Unit was required to cater for the increased demand and to improve the patient flow and experience. The project included new build and refurbishment elements, which provided dedicated male and female recovery bays with increased bed numbers for larger service capacity.
The project was completed over two phases as the department was required to remain live. Regular communication with department and the Estates team was required. Out of hours working was utilised to reduce the impact of the service delivery.
The presence of asbestos in the roof required the works to be carefully managed. Early surveys were carried out to confirm the level of asbestos and the findings were reviewed against the project works to determine a suitable solution for the construction of the new facility.
Services and Value added
- Integrated Project Manager working alongside the Trust Estates Team to facilitate works on site.
- Working alongside the Client and the operational clinical team to optimise service delivery during works through effective programme planning.
- Maximising early user engagement to enable early design sign off.