Oldham Spindles Redevelopment
- Client: Oldham Council
- Role: Programme and Project Management
- Value: Confidential
- Sector: Regeneration, Office Refurbishment, Retail and Leisure
Hive are programme and project manager for the Spindles Redevelopment, supporting the Council in developing their plans for the redevelopment of the shopping centre following it’s acquisition to support the regeneration of Oldham town centre.
Oldham town centre has faced challenges like many towns across the country – high profile retail vacancies, declining footfall, over-reliance on retail and a lack of diversification.
The Spindles redevelopment looks to reposition the shopping centre as a multi-use building, bringing in office space, market, archive and events spaces to address the impact of the fundamental shift in retail habits and drive activation and footfall in the town centre.
By investing in the centre, the project is safeguarding its future, supporting town centre regeneration and helping the town’s recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
Services and value added
- Active engagement and management of the project team and wide stakeholder groups; structuring the project governance around council internal processes while maintaining a clear focus on driving productive stakeholder engagement leading to a clear definition of their occupier requirements mitigating risks of subsequent late changes in the project
- Advice to support value management and value engineering through pre-construction phases, reducing costs while still delivering a high quality design that will reactivate the town centre
- Developing approaches to programme and phasing that have allowed the most efficient delivery of the project, bringing forward the project outcomes that are at the centre of the Council’s wider regeneration plans and will unlock further investment and growth