Oldham Council Prudential Building
- Client: Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Role: Project Management / NEC Contract Management
- Value: £12.2m
- Sector: Local Government / Mixed Use / Commercial
The Project was awarded funding from the Future High Street Fund and the Shared Prosperity Fund with an expenditure deadline of March ’24 however by June ‘23 Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council (OMBC) had been unsuccessful with progressing the Compulsory Purchase Order of the Building and thus procuring the Main Works packages.
Hive Projects Ltd were appointed to deliver the internal Project Manager role and to drive the successful completion of the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO), seek an extension to the funding expenditure deadline and to procure and appoint a main Contractor, under a two-stage Traditional Procurement route.
Services and value added
- Carry out a detailed SWOT Analysis of the various procurement routes available to OMBC and manage the re-procurement of the scheme.
- Liaising with The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) to seek approval to the extension of the funding expenditure deadline.
- Liaise and manage legal teams to conclude the CPO.
- Prepare detailed project risk management and mitigation strategy.
- Establish Project Governance strategy and workstreams.