North Manchester General Hospital Enabling Works
- Client: Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
- Role: Project & Cost Management
- Value: £50m
- Sector: Healthcare
The programme of works includes a phased sequence of extensive enabling works across the Trust’s estate in preparation for the planned re-development of the North Manchester General Hospital, which is part of the New Hospital Programme.
In order to ready the hospital site for the re-development work under the NMGH masterplan proposals, a large scale programme of enabling works is currently underway and includes;
Provision of a 3000sqm temporary modular building to decant Trust admin services. The demolition and clearance of ageing estate including asbestos removal works, service diversions and a new substation. The provision of a new 980 space MSCP and cycle hub. A new temporary entrance which link the MSCP back in to the main hospital. A number of temporary surface level car parks and a permanent green parking zone for Electric Vehicle Charging. Refurbishment of existing hospital accommodation to provide decant facilities which enabling wider site phasing plan. Re-provision of memorial garden.
Services and value added
- Programme management, review of planning, mitigation and re-scheduling
- Design Management and Planning Authority liaison
- Management of large scale and complex phasing programme
- Cost Management integrated with wider redevelopment programme
- Team will high level of healthcare project experience