- Client: Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
- Role: Programme ad Project management
- Value: £22m
- Sector: Retail / Leisure / Commercial / Residential
Over recent years Stockport Council has initiated an ambitious and innovative programme of regeneration activities. As part of this programme the Merseyway Shopping Centre was acquired by SMBC out of administration in 2016.
Paul worked with SMBC to develop a redevelopment and investment strategy based on prioritising occupancy whilst redeveloping the key assets to encourage diversification of the offer and reposition the Centre as more than a retail core.
The redevelopment was based around a series of phased intervention projects that could be brought forward individually or as a whole as the right market opportunities became available. The first of these were taken through design and procurement. With the launch of the Government’s Future High Streets Fund in 2019, Paul led the development of the Stockport Future High Streets Business Case which was submitted in spring 2020 to facilitate the delivery of the Merseyway redevelopment.
Services and value added
- Provided a holistic approach to programme, project and development management.
- Development of a flexible redevelopment strategy that allowed re-prioritisation of projects as the retail market continued to change.
- Green book business case development.