Marple Community Hub
- Client: Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
- Role: Project Management, NEC Contract Management
- Value: £21m
- Sector: Leisure / Highways / Local Government
Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council (SMBC) were awarded funding under the second phase of the Levelling Up Fund (LUF2) to deliver a new Community Hub in the heart of Marple. The scheme is set to provide a 5nr lane swimming pool, a library, café, family hub, multi-station gym area, 2nr studios, office space and highway improvement works to allow the area to greater cater for pedestrians and cyclists.
In advance of the works commencing, various existing buildings including an NHS building used to accommodate early help, school nurses, health visitors and midwife services, a Police station and an existing library will require decanting to achieve vacant possession, to allow for the Community Hub works to commence.
SMBC are currently also exploring their options for including the refurbishment of Hollins House, a Grade II Listed Building that sits adjacent to the Community Hub, within the Scope of this Project.
Services and value added
- Establish Project Governance and Workstreams to result in the successful delivery of the project.
- Develop a strategy to achieve Vacant Possession of the existing buildings, to aloow for the works to commence.
- Project Manage the Design, Procurement and Construction phases of the project.
- Project Manage the Community Engagement and Planning phases of the project, to ensure Planning Permission is achieve.