Hospitals of the Future, Leeds
- Client: Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (via Arcadis)
- Role: Cost Management
- Value: £600m
- Sector: Healthcare
Hive Projects is working with the Trust as part of a multi-disciplinary design team, and is employed by Arcadis to develop the new Outline Business Case (OBC) for the new Hospitals of the Future project, in accordance with New Hospitals Programme (NHP) principles and guidance.
The project includes the redevelopment of this existing city centre Leeds General Infirmary facility, including the creation of a new 94,000m2 ‘state of the art’ and digitally enabled adult, women’s and children’s acute hospital.
Services and value added
- Design Team – Procurement guidance and support to appoint the multi-disciplinary design team including an internationally renowned architect to replace the existing one
- Design Development – Working with the design team to integrate the new buildings with the existing structures, to create a hospital that functions as one facility in a challenging city centre location
- Cost Control – Establishing robust and realistic optimism bias forecasts following the Green Book guidance, ensuring this is reflective of both the uncertainties in the scheme and the level of design development already within the baseline cost model
- Digital – Working with the other digital work stream experts to develop an ambitious innovative digital blueprint for the new facility that improves patient experience but is financially viable for the Trust
- Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) – Developing a MMC strategy that maximises the Trust’s return on investment and satisfies the NHP requirements set by the Department for Health & Social Care, NHS E/I and Treasury