HOME – First Street Masterplan
- Client: Manchester City Council and Greater Manchester Arts Centre
- Role: Project Management
- Value: £30m
- Sector: Arts / Leisure
The project was delivered on behalf of Manchester City Council and Greater Manchester Arts Centre as part of the First Street development a joint venture between the City Council and Ask Developments.
The project was the largest new build arts centre outside of London comprising of five cinemas, two theatres, galleries, bars, restaurants and office space.
Services and value added
- Project Management of HOME from concept to completion, including project management of all design and construction phases.
- Representing MCC and Greater Manchester Arts Centre in negotiations around the Agreement for Lease for the site as part of the JV with Ask Developments.
- Hands on approach to management of site wide development interfaces with adjacent plots being developed by Ask in parallel with HOME reducing risk and ensuring best value for all parties.
- A complex project was made even more challenging due to the environment it was delivered in and the range of external project stakeholders and local political interest with the City Council
- Development of bespoke project control systems to align with the City Council’s and JV’s processes and requirements.