Dewi Jones and Community Cluster
- Client: Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Role: Project Management Stage 2 – Completion
- Value: £17m
- Sector: Healthcare
The new Community Cluster and Dewi Jones buildings stand as an innovative, joined-up approach to the treatment of physical and mental health for children and young adults aged 5-20, bringing together CAMHS, Psychology, Paediatric Neuro-Assessment, along with a Dewi Jones residential care building. These facilities, currently scattered across the hospital site and the city, will now form a crucible for mental healthcare excellence.
The design combines the challenge of addressing the clinical needs and privacy of patients in a non-institutional environment whilst maintaining functional and safety requirements.
Services and value added
- Driving the scheme through to affordability. Advice to support value management and value engineering through pre-construction, reducing costs while still delivering an extremely high quality build that will set new standards in healthy building design
- Leading on contract negotiations on behalf of the Client with the Main Contractor delivering a contract value which sat within the budget and delivered the Client requirements
- NEC Contract administration, supporting the Client in delivering the scheme within the NEC3 contract, ensuring all requirements are met and proactively looking to reduce risk and maximise opportunities through effective use of the EWN and CE procedures
- Interrogation and assurance of the masterplan construction programme and project delivery plans