Sunflower House and Catkin Community Centre
- Client: Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Role: Project Management / NEC Contract Management / Operational Commissioning
- Value: £20m
- Sector: Healthcare / Mental Health
The scheme incorporated the design, build and operational commissioning of Sunflower House, a Tier 4 Mental Health Facility for children and a Community Mental Health Facility. Sunflower House is an inpatient facility that will provide care for those aged 5 to 13 years old who have the most challenging mental health conditions. It provides 12 specially designed anti-ligature bedrooms, a family bedroom, new therapy garden, an immersive room, a de-stimulation room, a safe kitchen environment to learn cooking and other life skills, group therapy rooms and classrooms.
The Community health centre brings in a wide range of services in a flexible use space, influenced by the location in the Park, the area utilises a timber finish with natural daylight and large open spaces.
Services and value added
- NEC project administration to support the Trust Project Manager with the day to day delivery of the scheme.
- Management of the Trust commissioning tasks to allow the facility to be ready for occupation.
- Engagement with the Trust key stakeholders to facilitate successful handover.
- Programme management, review of planning, mitigation and re-scheduling to manage impact of Covid.
- Procurement, integration and management of the specialist equipment required before occupation.