- Client: Castlebrookr Investments
- Role: Project Management / Employer’s Agent
- Value: £90m
- Sector: Mixed Use / Commercial Offices
James was responsible for leading the project team during the preconstruction stage on the iconic CIS Tower in Manchester. The Grade II Listed building was the “original skyscraper” and for a period held the record as being the UKs tallest building.
The c. £90m scheme, secured planning and Listed Building consent for the extension of the podium structure, retention of the curtain wall system whilst replacing the glazing on the 26-storey tower, delivering 400,000 sq ft Grade A commercial office space and Shell and Core commercial retail space in the extensive basement areas of the building.
Working with the consultant team and supply chain we developed detailed task method statements to ensure highly sensitive conservation items within the building were protected and restored sensitively including original murals and artwork.
Services and value added
- WELL and BREEAM accredited.
- Administration of the JCT D&B Contract, working alongside the Client and Contractor to manage this collaboratively maximising opportunities and mitigating risk.
- Led the team and client through risk mitigation actions which included extensive building surveys and strip out of six floors to inform design approach to asbestos removal and facade retention.
- Supported the Client with optioneering reviewing cost / programme / quality benefits on several schemes to assist in decision making.
- Maintained pre-construction programme during the pandemic.