BRI Ward 1 Isolation Rooms
- Client: Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Role: Project Management
- Value: circa £1m
- Sector: Healthcare
The provision of Project Management services for the partial refurbishment of Ward 1 at Bradford Royal Infirmary, to provide a new Isolation Suite and Positive Pressure Ventilated Lobby rooms for the treatment of highly infectious patients.
The works comprises of asbestos removal and demolition of internal structures to create a new, fit-for-purpose space. The ward will also feature a specialised ventilation strategy thanks to a new Air Handling Unit that will be placed on the building’s roof.
Due to the Ward being adjacent to a number of live departments, including A&E below, the project team face many logistical challenges. The works commenced on site in March 2023, and the Client have requested that the ward be partially occupied by June 2023, meaning that a ‘recant’ strategy is required to be implemented.
Services and value added
- Project Management through RIBA design Stages 2 to 6 including tender process and management of the design team.
- Management of design team through a tight programme.
- Stakeholder management and engagement.
- Integration of master programme and recant strategy.