We’re now officially a member of the Disability Confident community, and will hold our membership for at least the next three years. Here at Hive Projects, it’s important for us to be an inclusive employer and know that our reputation as a leader in our field depends on authenticity in our diversity and equality policies.
Through our membership in the Disability Confident scheme, we are committed to five key pledges, to ensure we are the most inclusive employer possible:
1. Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive as possible by ensuring against discrimination and providing application information in accessible formats
2. Communicate and promote vacancies in an inclusive way by using a wide range of channels and always displaying our Disability Confident badge
3. Offer an interview opportunity to an applicant who declares their disability within their application submission, encouraging positive action within the disabled community in the act of applying for jobs and demonstrating their skills
4. Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required, this could look like changes to working patterns or adaptations to workplace permission and/or equipment used.
5. Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work with any reasonable adjustments they may require for us to retain them as an employee.
By committing to these pledges we are confident we will be able to tap into the huge pool of talent amongst disabled people, increase our understanding of disability, remove barriers preventing disabled people from accessing long term employment and play our part to ensure disabled people have opportunities to fulfil their potential.
Our Social value manager, Nin Khosaba says:
“We are delighted to announce that Hive Projects is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. Being part of the scheme will increase our understanding of disability and help us to make the most of the opportunities provided by employing disabled people. By removing barriers and being an inclusive employer, we can help those with disabilities and long-term health conditions to realise their potential and fulfil their aspirations.”
For more information on our Disability Confident policy please contact Nin directly: firstname.lastname@example.org