Tameside Hospital Secondment
- Client: Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Role: Project Management Stage 2 – Completion
- Sector: Healthcare
The provision of project management services as an integrated member of the Tameside Hospital Estates team, delivering Capital projects that are essential to enhancing the operation of the hospital.
The key scheme for the 2021/22 financial year is delivery of the new Women’s Health Unit, which will be achieved through the refurbishment of a former non-clinical area in the ground floor of the maternity block. This is due to be complete by March 2022.
Running in parallel with this scheme is the design development activities for Phase 2 which is the subsequent refurbishment of the space left behind once the Women’s Health Unit is relocated. The new ward refurbishment is still currently in design, with works planned to commence in the new financial year.
Services and value added
- Acting independently as a Client Project Manager on a wide variety of projects to support the existing Estates team
- User engagement across the various departments at Tameside Hospital
- Co-ordination of the design and procurement processes
- Monitoring project programmes and working to specified budgets and timescales