North Manchester General Hospital
- Client: Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
- Role: Project Management
- Value: £575m
- Sector: Healthcare
Hive Projects led the project team to deliver Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust’s ambitious plan to transform the delivery of health and care services in North Manchester, through the Department for Health and Social Care’s Health Infrastructure Plan (HIP).
Our commission commenced in providing project management services for the development of the Trust’s successful Strategic Outline Case and design for the site masterplan. We are now working with the Trust and professional team to deliver an Outline Business Case, design for the new acute hospital, Wellbeing Hub and masterplan infrastructure across the site.
As part of the Outline Business Case we were successful in securing £54m early funding to deliver a programme of enabling works across the site. Hive are leading the design team and procurement of these works with construction due to commence in early 2021, a strategy which will ensure the most efficient programme for the overall redevelopment.
This project will not only provide essential redevelopment to an estate which is in desperate need of investment but also provide a catalyst for the wider regeneration and economic regeneration of North Manchester.
Services and value added
- Project Management of the HIP Business Case including implementation of a Programme Management Office ensuring robust and efficient governance and operation for a complex and fast paced programme
- The development of an enabling works plan which if achieved delivers the scheme 12 months earlier than anticipated
- Development and implementation of a governance structure delivered through a bespoke PMO process
- Procurement and management of the design team for stages 1–5, development of a procurement strategy for the main contractor